Getting ready for this trip has proved to be way more
stressful than I had once imagined. All of the little details (things I’m not
super great at) started to overwhelm me. However, in the midst of the madness
the Lord has been showing me how loved I am. Somehow I’ve gotten to meet up
with just about every friend I have made since college in the last two weeks.
College friends, show friends, coworkers (old and new), dance friends, church
friends, roommates and probably most importantly my family. I’ll only be gone
for six weeks. And were it not for this trip, I probably would not have seen many
of them for about that length of time anyway. But there’s something about
leaving, even just temporarily leaving, that makes seeing people more of a priority
than it usually is. I’ve been so blessed to be reminded of what amazing
friendships the Lord has blessed me with here, and in a very timely fashion.
Right before I embark on a very solitary and potentially lonely journey. Don’t
get me wrong, I’m so excited about Germany, but going alone to a new city where
I know no one? Well did you read the last post? That can be terrifying.
Exciting, just also a bit terrifying. To quote Stephen Sondheim, “…and it made
me feel excited, well, excited and scared.”
I feel as if the Lord
is using this time these 2-3 weeks of preparation to remind me how loved I am
here, and how many people he has placed in my life here so that when I am away
and perhaps even lonely, I’ll remember how he has cared for me through his
people.
So here’s to the adventures, the madness, and the inevitable
screw ups. If nothing else, I’ll have some great stories to tell!
No comments:
Post a Comment